Florida’s roads are some of the most dangerous in the country. Here are the facts:
- In 2016, there were an estimated 393,996 motor vehicle accidents in the state of Florida, according to Florida’s Integrated Report Exchange System (FIRES).
- The state of Florida saw 252,761 injuries and 3,078 fatalities from car accidents in 2016, according to FIRES.
- There were 615 pedestrian fatalities and 132 bicyclist fatalities in Florida in 2016, FIRES reported.
- Florida is estimated to have the second highest rate of pedestrian fatalities from vehicle collisions in 2016, according to preliminary data from the Governors Highway Safety Association.
- Florida also has more motorcycle fatalities than any other state, according to a report from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
It is important to protect yourself, drive defensively, obey traffic laws and avoid distractions or impairments while driving. Pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists should take extra safety precautions. Contact Kovar Law Group for a free consultation to learn more about your rights.